We pride ourselves on providing a culture of pro-active training, coaching and mentoring, where our people are encouraged to reach their career ambitions.
By investing in our most important resource, our people, we are able to strengthen this existing culture by fostering a progressive, enjoyable and productive workplace. We achieve this by including training programs, skills development opportunities and apprenticeships to employees across our project teams.
Apprenticeships and Skills Training
We have supported a number of apprenticeships through nominated apprenticeship centres on past projects, with individuals completing certification in, for example: Civil Construction; Occupational Health & Safety; Laboratory Technology; and Automotive Mechanical Technology.
We also have a number of staff who have gained advanced traffic management and Occupational Health & Safety qualifications with Highway Construction, with accreditations and courses including:
- Traffic Control Accreditations;
- Basic Worksite Traffic Management Accreditation;
- Advanced Worksite Traffic Management Accreditation;
- Senior First Aid courses;
- Occupational Safety and Health, Heritage and Environmental training;
- Site specific Occupational Safety and Health, Heritage and Environmental training;
- Roadwork labour training, including plant operator training;
- Trainee in Certificate III and IV Road Construction and Maintenance;
- MRWA ROADS Foundation programme; and
- Familiarisation and management of Acid Sulphate Soils.
Management Development & Training
Management staff are also encouraged to engage in professional development opportunities offered through the Institution of Engineers Australia and Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, and are allocated study time during their work days to pursue professional qualifications through local Universities such as MBA studies.